Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Muffins (gluten-egg-dairy free)

I just revamped one of my recipes yet again. I had really wanted to try to evaporated cane juice instead of processed, white sugar. I was able to cut it down from 1 Cup of sugar to 3/4 Cup of evaporated cane juice AND my sweet tooth has missed nothing! I made a batch of these to take down to my brother’s house for Thanksgiving, but now I am thinking that I better pack them in the back of the minivan so that I am not tempted to eat them all on the 13 hour drive.

be thankful, be loving, and be in the moment

 

Mini Pumpkin Muffin Yummies

About 32 muffins

1 1/4 C gluten free flour blend of your choice ** see below
2 tsps baking powder (gluten free)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp xatham gum
1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
3/4 C evaporated cane juice
2 Tb ground flaxseed mixed with 4 1/2 Tb water( let sit for a few minutes before adding ) this is how you make flaxseed "eggs"
1 1/2 C canned pumpkin
2 tsps vanilla (gluten free)
1/3 C melted organic virgin coconut oil


Prepare mini muffin pans by using small muffin liners.
Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, xantham gum, and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk together the evaporated cane juice, flaxseed "eggs", pumpkin, vanilla, and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Spoon into prepared mini muffin liners. Bake until toothpick comes clean and springy to the touch., approx 15-18 minutes.
Let cool completely on a rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Delicious!!

 

Now, because I love my treats, I think I am going to blend together some cream cheese and crystalized ginger for the frosting. Of course that part is not dairy free, but the dairy free part is really for my daughter who has a milk allergy. Feel free to make it your own!

 

** Gluten free flour blend I used was this

1 1/2 C brown rice flour, 1 1/2 C potato starch, 1 C tapioca starch

No comments:

Post a Comment